Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Era of the Sophisticate

Salut Mes Amis!

Hope the weather hasn't completely dampened your week! I can absolutely say the burst of sunshine we had on the weekend was an absolute treat, and as always a little sun always brings a smile to my face :) .  

I am a big Mad Men fan, set in the 1950's not only do i love the authenticity of the set, story lines and characters but the costumes ahh!! Makes me wish i could be transported just to wear the sultry pieces, and the floaty Doris Day like dresses. 


     

Given the conservative style of that era, the sophistication is almost second to none.  As it was a time where very few women worked and those that did still having much to prove, invented the term 'power dressing'.  Working and still 'Working it'!  Here is the WannaBuyVintage interpretation

Velvet Jacket   Navy Mini 

Sophisticated LBD 



Vintage Topshop Cuffed Tartan Jacket     Print Pencil Skirt 

All pieces are now available so get in touch if any tickle your fancy (really cheesy apologies!)I'll leave you with a song from an album by M.I -MI2 The Movie thats been on repeat everyday for the past week since I got it, leaves me feeling like I'm in my own music video!! <3





2 comments:

  1. I always love sophisticated looks, I mean they look so clean and simple and yes of course chic. I really like your sophisticated look, you look so chic and classy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I totally agree sophisticated looks are timeless <3

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, all your comments and feedback are much appreciated!