Wednesday 16 November 2011

"Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing Baby!!"

Happy November!!

Cold foggy mornings and dark icy nights, I think we can say that Winter is well and truly here!  Apart from the obvious things to keep you warm, I find that the right music stops me from feeling the chill.  As a lover of vintage clothes, I'm also a lover of vintage music.  Motown is part of my music love, and I just discovered an amazing radio station Absolute Motown which literally play just motown music 24/7.  

As I was jiving(too old right?!) to Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye classics, I forgot my commute and the strong chill.  "Jimmy Mack" Martha and the Vandella's came on and I could just picture the shift dresses and the big hair.


And of course the Supremes are iconic to the 60's fashion era 

Shift dresses I find are timeless and very versatile.  With the Tweed fascination right now, I found a couple of Tweed shift dresses but this one really caught my eye 

Dream Buy 
 Oscar de la Renta 
Oscar de la Renta Tweed Shift Dress £1,050
                               www.net-a-porter.com
Mcginn <em>Tweed Dress</em> Ivory Size 4
Nordstrom
Pale <em>Tweed Shift Dress</em>
ASOS


Here I put the winter version of the look together 

Found this tweed shift dress I bought 5 years ago from Miss Selfridge, more proof that it's worth holding unto quality pieces as fashion always goes full circle.  I teamed it with tights because if your like me you don't want to brave the chill and a pair of orange pumps to add a pop of colour.

Stay warm but keep your style hot- thats my motto ;)

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing Baby- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell 

4 comments:

  1. You love Motown too? I have been obsessed from like the age of 18! Nothing like a bit of Marvin Gaye. I will buy you the Oscar de la Renta for Christmas. Don't thank me now, thank me later...

    Ekaete xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I'm actually gonna be waiting eagerly for that! That was Saturday morning easy listening when I was younger love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress. The ASOS one is really cute.

    Patience
    Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
    J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Loving it. I concur, I love the ASOS dress the most. Perhaps a suggestion for WannaBuyVintage to do free givaways??

    BushBabeUK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, all your comments and feedback are much appreciated!