Friday 25 November 2011

Forties Flavour

Welcome and Welcome Back!

So last week I was presently surprised and was taken to see a  show at the Sadlers Wells, Peacock Theatre called "Some Like It Hip-Hop" by ZooNationUK, who also did "Into The Hoods".  A modern contemporary hip hop twist on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and it was amazing so full of energy, engaging and the physique and grace of the dancers forced me to have a brisk run the following morning.  I say brisk because I spent much of it walking, and briskly running periodically!  It had everything a simple but well executed storyline, I even cried a little!!  It is apparently sold out, but its worth checking if you can get hold of a ticket.

40's
The wardrobe I must say although probably not fully vintage did appear very authentic and believable, left me feeling like I was watching a black and white film on stage. It was very forties, which is one era the clothes , the hair are BOTH welcome whereas the 80's hair period isn't something I believe should be repeated.  Look below for evidence.
40's
80's

80's
Lace Detachable
That brings me to the craze with detachable Peter Pan Collars, which is popular amongst little children! But I think it works well with the prim and proper look of the 40's.
Darling Jane Detachable Peter Pan Collar
Darling Jane
Found this video that shows you hows to make your own, they're very impressive .

Shame I can't say the same for my attempt, Zut Alors!!

It was my first attempt, without hemming tape and solid fabric. I will try again and hopefully it will make this a distant memory for you all!

Au revoir mes amis xo

3 comments:

  1. Great post... I like Peter Pan collars, really cute and feminine.
    You should doa series of fashion in different decades... 50's jeans, 60's minis, 70's glitter etc...

    Keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ekaete its like you know my plans!! More like this to come ;) Thankyou Winda I appreciate the recommendation I'm checking out your blog now looks fab xo

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, all your comments and feedback are much appreciated!