Thursday 16 May 2013

Thursday Thrifting With....Vintage with Love

Bonjour,

On my commute to and from work I pass the well known Vintage haven of Shoreditch!  I used to be rather sceptical of Brick Lane, and the like as I viewed it as overpriced and over saturated which to a degree it may be.  But the area has stayed true to the movement with the trendy people and restaurants, and laissez-faire vibes.   After exploring the many boutiques, pop-ups and shops I've found a couple which have become my firm favourites and don't make my purse scream! This is one of them:

Vintage With Love

I love their sixties sign makes me feel like I'm about to step back in time

They've been around for about three and a half years, I always find myself in there when I go to brick lane because I know I'm bound to find something. 




Denim and colourful jackets galore as you enter
They always have a sale at the end of every month on top of their £10 sale section in their basement.  Everything upstairs becomes half price and the £10 items become £5, so a pay day treat doesn't have to leave you feeling guilty!

If you're an early bird or you're not too far from brick lane, its's a good idea to pop in early as thats when the good stuff is out.   They also never keep pieces from the previous season, but  prefer to keep it fresh and bring in pieces for the new season.






This is the sale area downstairs, where you'd find a large variety of checkered shirts, jackets and shoes.




 I loved the velvet on this dress and how quality the material felt





These shoes were gorgeous very 80's




They also have another store by the same owner literally around the corner from them, it's called Vintage Basement.  From the outside you can tell that the style is slightly different.






Also the pieces slightly differed whereas Vintage With Love had a lot of costume type pieces, Vintage Basement had more casual denim pieces, and funky skirts again loved the vibes.



This skirt was calling me!!



Wedding dress anyone?

I wished they fit!



Similar to VWL they also have a sales section downstairs which had a similar layout, with a large variety of shirts as well, silk shirts which I had to resist buying (for now!) I love silk and they were in perfect condition so I will definitely be going back for that!




Vibrant coloured knitwear 





This pink silk shirt £7 I wanted to buy them all!


The staff are friendly and very helpful, not constantly on your back I like to be left alone to enjoy my shopping experience and rummage through the pieces for as long as I feel like which they did!

Vintage With Love gets <3 <3 <3 <3  (Totally loving it!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, all your comments and feedback are much appreciated!