Friday 24 May 2013

Thursday Thrifting.....Radio Days

Bon Soir!

Today's Thursday thrift favourite is a place I've known about for a while, but finally decided to visit for the first time yesterday.
With 20 years presence in Waterloo it's safe to say they've cemented their place in London's Vintage history.  They're well known for their window displays and looking at the display I can see why, you really can't miss it! 
When you come in it really reminds me of an episode of  Goodnight Sweetheart, I felt like an accidental time traveller!  With the swing music playing, and the first things you see are old dial phones and stacks of shot glasses on the side.
 
 

Colourful array of shot glasses
Loved the look of the bar very Scarface!
 
Much of the dresses were 1940's Wartime styles
 Two piece woolen suits would work well with this current weather!

In 1940's mix I found a few other era's heres this print 60's suit


The stole on this jacket against this colour really reminds me of the war films I've watched with the woman at the train station platform waving goodbye to her love. (random!)

The pop art decorated the walls a really nice touch
 
They had immaculate mens dinner jackets


Gorgeous costume jewellery and fur hats


These bags totally add to my train story!
                                
The record players and records are precious collectables

 
Radio Days was a lovely experience will absolutely be going back, the prices were of a nice range from some discounted prices to more suitably priced silk dresses.  They have a good eye for quality pieces and the assistant at till was very forthcoming yet allowed me my time to explore and really get comfortable. Check out their website Radio Days
WannaBuyVintage gives it <3 <3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, all your comments and feedback are much appreciated!