Monday 3 March 2014

Vinspiration!

Bonne Année!! / Happy New Year!!

My first post of 2014 and in a very long time!

Life has indeed gotten in the way, as well as working on the WBV website.

I could say it's just that but that would been a lie.  I think lack of inspiration to write a post has been a great part of it, many drafts I've written and some just feel forced and for someone who loves to read I can tell the writings of someone who didn't believe in what they were saying just no passion or vavavoom!  No mojo!

I think I forgot why I started blogging in the first place, because I love vintage clothes and history(and french).   One can get soo bogged down with what-ifs and comparisons that you forget why you started! I've been Vinspired and with this new found Vinspiration, comes a fresh new look for my blog and a fresh new attitude to go with it.  My love for vintage began almost 6 years ago and sharing it has been something I have been in the process of for 3 years.  It's not easy to share something you love with others because sometimes there's the worry that you're not knowledgeable enough, and there are others that are much better.  Which is true! We all bring something different to the table, but ultimately our passion is the same Vintage!  

Alright Oprah Life session over!




 I got my first pitch at a market last week at Old Spitalfields! It was a very enlightening experience to say the least.  I shared a stall with a friend of mine who sells gorgeous authentic African art and artifacts AfriArt, and we went on the Saturday which happened to be the same day for Vintage and the African Market.  Although Sundays are said to busier, I thought we'd be at an advantage - that wasn't quite the case.  It wasn't very busy and although we had been placed right at the front of the African Market and next to the other vintage/ high street stalls it didn't seem to make much difference.  I found I was ill prepared because I didn't have near enough stock to gather much interest, and Saturday just isn't the day for  stalls unless you're selling food, essentials and perhaps cosmetics.  I was glad I did it because I had the opportunity to engage with other traders and get tips about, market and business in general.  I also bumped into an old college classmate who also had a stall selling her organic body butters, mango butter mixed with shea butter they are AH-mazing! Boweskincare.  My hands were ashy as anything, and I used a sample and it was soo moisturizing even after I washed my hands and it smells heavenly (no hype!!).



Also had some fab snacks at the Love Chin Chin stall.  Chin chin is an African snack made from flour, eggs, and sugar either rolled into small balls or little stick-like shapes.  They have a modern twist to this old age snack with their different flavours, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon they were all delicious the vanilla was my favourite.

 If you're interested in getting a stall its very easy, just have your stock ready, layers(summer where art thou) and a foldaway chair(s) go on the day between 9-9:30 the earlier the better to get a nice position details here

Have to add one of my fave songs at the moment,


Have a look and follow the WBV Instagram where I share pictures of gorgeous vintage fashion through different eras .

Its been a busy start to the year and I have a feeling its going to accelerate further, I'm excited!

(WBV Dictionary : Vinspired -Vintage Inspired, Vinspiration - Vintage Inspiration)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, all your comments and feedback are much appreciated!